Brush up on your winter driving know-how! Here are some tips on how to stay out of trouble when winter driving conditions become dangerous.
- Give plenty of warning to other drivers when turning, changing lanes or stopping. This will give them the required time to slow down in slippery conditions.
- Keep extra distance between cars. Avoid following too closely. You never know when you will hit an icy patch!
- Be cautious of black ice. Even the most experienced driver can be caught off guard by black ice. It is an almost invisible danger.
- Keep your hands on the wheel at all times. Make sure you pull over if you need to make a call, text or deal with your kids in the backseat.
- Prepare your vehicle by using winter tires.
- Make sure that all passengers are wearing a seat belt.
- Top up washer fluid so that your window remains clear.
Hope these tips help you stay safe for the winter season.
Until next time,
The Apollo Team