Motor Vehicle Accident Education

Home 5 Frequently Asked Questions 5 Motor Vehicle Accident Education

Dec. 12, 2017 – Just released, have a look at our write up about Motor Vehicle Accident Rights and Entitlements

After being involved in a motor vehicle accident (MVA), you should:

  • Notify your insurance company about your accident.
  • See a physician if you have not already done so.
  • Complete an OCF-1 form to apply for accident benefits. You have 30 days to complete this form.
  • Contact Apollo Physical Therapy Centres clinic immediately following your accident to receive an assessment by a physiotherapist or chiropractor. This prevents delay in recovery, which can worsen your symptoms.

At your first visit at Apollo Physical Therapy Centres:

  • Bring your OCF-1 form.
  • If your insurance package included a request to complete a disability certificate (OCF-3 form), bring the OCF-3 form to your appointment and a therapist will thoroughly review and complete it with you.
  • If you have extended health benefits, bring in a copy of your submission form.
  • The physiotherapist will submit a recommended treatment plan to your insurance company for approval. By law, the insurance company has 10 business days to respond. We will contact you once their response is received.

Common conditions after an MVA that are treated at Apollo Physical Therapy Centres:

  • Low back strain
  • Numbness and tingling
  • Headaches
  • Dashboard-related injuries (i.e. knee)
  • Seatbelt-related injuries (i.e. ribs and shoulder)
  • Whiplash

If you or someone you love has been injured and need accident rehabilitation in Ottawa, contact our office and schedule an appointment with one of our physiotherapists.

Apollo Physical Therapy Centres understands both client needs and how to effectively navigate through the insurance process.